Be cautious when hiring a hosting company to host your website, many factors should be considered. First analyze your hosting needs and be mindful of the follow points...
1. Price and for what features?
2. How much storage space do you need, or will you need in the future?
3. Is there Security issues? Can you do automatic updates? Can you install modules, themes, without writing in SSH or creating an INI or PHP file? Can you install CMS, like WordPress, Durpal, Open-Cart, Joomla, Etc? And be cautious of Windows servers because if you're using CMS's like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla they usually don't handle these type of installs!
4. Is it possible to manage your domain name? add a sub-domain, make changes to (DNS) Domain Name Servers, etc?
5. Do you have c-panel access to make changes and install a database for a manual install, or to add a sub-domain, forward, redirect or even add another directory?
6. Is there technical support?... and what are their office hours, or if there is only a support center via chat or email, and then what type of time frame do they get back with you? I have literally been booted out and could not login to my ftp and or the support center and had to go to another hosting company and lose my website! Nobody from that hosting company ever got back to me!
7. Is your hosting shared server overloaded by one or many of the websites hosted on the shared server? It can cause slow loading times and give you a poorer Google rating!
8. Be careful of email storage space with an email account with your web hosting provider. Most hosting companies won't emphasis the need for unlimited email storage space that you will probably need for your companies emails. What actually happens if you don't setup unlimited email storage is that your email inbox will become full and your emails will kick back to an inbox catch-all and your emails are lost forever in cyberspace. So make sure when you sign-up for a web hosting account that you have unlimited email storage.
I just wanted to share a few of the problems and issues I have encountered over the years and help you become aware of let's just say web hosting that can ruin your search results and your last nerve!
These are just a few of the issues that I wanted to share, and I hope this helps you find a great hosting company.